Who is this course and certification for?
- Understand how disease can spread and how to prevent the spread of disease in the workplace.
- Employ the use of PPE to protect yourself and others against biological and waterborne pathogens.
- Evaluate a work space to ensure it protects yourself and others who occupy the building or construction site.
- Assess mechanical and plumbing systems to prevent the spread of contaminates.
- Explain the roles of various agencies involved in your health and safety within your working environment.
- Illustrate the use of work practice and engineering controls that protect you and those you encounter.
Construction and maintenance personnel, including plumbers, pipefitters, sprinkler fitters, HVAC technicians, demolition laborers, and mechanical systems workers.
What are the prerequisite requirements?
Successful completion of an OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 class prior to enrollment.
How do you become certified?
Successful completion of 12 hours of training encompassing ASSE Standards 12010 (Biological Pathogens), 12030 (Waterborne Pathogens) and 12040 (Contamination/Infection Prevention Procedures); 75 question written exam, issued by ASSE, covering ASSE 12010, 12030, and 12040
What is the cost of training and certification?
$250. This is a special rate (50% off) for the 2017 ASSE International Annual Meeting.
What is included with the registration fee?
The registration fee covers online training, in-person classroom review, examination and grading, and a certification card and certificate. Lunch will also be provided at the in-person classroom review.
Who is providing the training?
IAPMO Training & Education, an ASSE approved third-party training provider.
When do you complete your online training?
Whenever you want! The 12-hour online training portion of this course, created and provided by IAPMO Training & Education, is designed to work around your schedule so you can learn at your own pace. You may work through the training in September, October, and early November, but you must complete the 12-hour course by Thursday, Nov. 9
When is the in-person review?
The in-person classroom review will be from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
, with lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
on Friday, Nov. 10
. The final examination will follow at 2:00 p.m.
Where will the in-person review and exam be held?
The in-person classroom review and exam will be held at the Hilton Palacio del Rio in San Antonio, TX.
Any other questions?
Feel free to contact us at (708) 995-3019
for more information.