McHenry County Employment Opportunity
Planning and Development
Plumbing Inspector- Full Time
$40,000+ Negotiable depending on qualifications
8:00am-4:30pm Monday – Friday, Full Time
The Planning and Development Department is seeking qualified candidates for a full time Plumbing Inspector position. This position reviews plumbing permit applications and plans and conducts plumbing inspections related to new building construction and building additions and renovations. This position also assists with general building permit application intake and building plans review, and performs other inspections and additional duties as necessary to meet the needs of the Department.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Inspects all aspects of plumbing in construction to assure that they meet minimum regulations and standards.
- Reviews plumbing plans and specifications to ensure the materials utilized and the design of plumbing systems conform to all applicable building and plumbing codes.
- Responds to written and verbal questions relating to plumbing codes and requirements.
- Maintains paper work on all inspections performed.
- Assists with general building permit application in take, building plans review, and inspections as necessary to meet the needs of the Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED; and,
- Five or more years of progressively responsible plumbing or building inspection related experience, including apprenticeships; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Licenses and Certifications:
- State of Illinois Plumber’s License.
- State of Illinois Plumbing Inspector License or the ability to obtain within 6 months of the date of employment.
- Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- All applicable state, federal and local ordinances and codes relating to plumbing.
- Principles and practices of plumbing and building construction.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Reading, reviewing and interpreting plans, specifications and blueprints.
- Communicating clearly and effectively with others.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines and following up assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
McHenry County offers an excellent benefits package which includes: Health/Dental Insurance, IMRF Pension Plan (Retirement), Deferred Compensation Plan and Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days.
To Apply Online Please go to www.co.mchenry.il.us
Please submit completed County application with resume to:
McHenry County Human Resources Department
2200 N. Seminary Ave
Woodstock, IL 60098
McHenry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability.